The Usability report that I will be conducting will be using the website for famous author J.K. Rowling. She is known worldwide by many people for her works of the famous Harry Potter. Many people know about J.K. Rowling but few people go to her actual website and I am wondering what the time frame and the number of clicks of the mouse does it take to complete four tasks that I will choose for ten participants.
Before conducting the experiment for the report, each participant will have to go through a questionnaire for the project:
- Name of Participant
- Age of Participant
- Education Level
During each task, I will be seeing how long it takes each participant to complete the task and seeing how many clicks of the mouse it takes before reaching the goal. The four tasks that I have chosen for the report are as follows:
- Finding the link to J.K. Rowling’s Twitter page
- Finding the UK version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Finding out who was casted to play Harry Potter in the theatrical performance of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Find out how much money has been donated to J.K. Rowling’s charity Lumos
After the tasks are performed by each participant they will be asked two open-ended questions:
- What do you know about the author whose website you just perused? Have you ever been on this website before?
- What task did you find hardest to complete?
With this usability report, I hope to find if there are any problems that need to be corrected to make sure that J.K. Rowling has a wonderful website to go along with her wonderful personality.
The picture belongs to http://www.jkrowling.com/